A few years ago I was driving to my parents’ house, and one of their neighbors had a bunch of old windows out at the end of their driveway. Jackpot! Mom and I hopped in her SUV and went back to junk pick them. The homeowner even came out to help us load them up! I ended up with probably 12-15 windows – WAY more than I needed. I’ve been able to give some of them to other people over time (though if you want one… or three… please let me know!!) but I’ve been trying to find a use for the rest for the last three years. You may have seen those attempts in this Potting Table Decor post or this Ugly Shed post.
Two of the windows were painted grey and put over the dresser/changing table in EO’s room. This week I made a quick modification to the windows so they could hold all of his adorable photos!
The key was to start from the bottom. I measured up 6 inches and made a little dot on one side of the window. Then I could use the level and a tape measure to draw a corresponding dot on the other side of the window. I didn’t even have to take them off the wall! Twine tied tight connected the two nails, and voilà!