So, we’ve done a few things with the small bedroom, like install the new bathroom and build the wardrobe. It was time, though, to update the room with some paint, since this little fella will be moving in there sometime soon!
There was just one problem. The drywall in that room was terrible! Maybe it’s the fact that they left all the lathe behind it, or maybe they were just really crappy installers… I don’t know, but there were massive cracks along most of the seams between drywall sheets. And I just didn’t want to fix them! I knew taping and mudding would take a long time, and it would be messy, and I was 99.9% sure they would be back by next Christmas, since that’s what’s happened with most of the other cracks I’ve tried to fix.
As a result, I put off what should have been a simple project for months and months (years?). Then I had an epiphany – I would just cover the cracks! I’ve used board and batten in the guest bath off this room and in the bathroom downstairs, and using it here in this room would solve my problem with the cracks!
For some reason I got the bright idea to start painting the week that school started. Mom came to help, and we got all the gray done (two coats), a coat on the ceiling, and two coats of the white where the board and batten would be.
Then I got tired. Beginning of school AND first trimester pregnant tired! Nothing happened for awhile. Once I got my energy back Tony helped me install the horizontal pieces so I could take measurements and cut the vertical ones. Each piece was a different length! Numbering them as I cut each piece, though, made install a snap. I was able to install and caulk almost all the pieces while the boys were watching the Packer game!
I had every intention of going back in and taking a nice after picture with a clean floor, but Tony started ripping up the tile in the bathroom before I could do it. Now there’s a toilet in this corner. Guess you’ll just have to wait a few weeks!